POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Calculate normal vector? : Re: Calculate normal vector? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 14:28:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Calculate normal vector?
From: here I am
Date: 12 Feb 2008 00:00:01
Message: <web.47b1270192437aab3e2740f70@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <JUSTTHELOWERCASE:timISNOTnikias(at)gmx.netWARE> wrote:
> Like Slime said. Take the vertices and look which triangles share that
> vertex. Add the normals from those triangles together, and use vnormalize()
> to normalize it. Then use that normal for the vertex. Repeat for all
> vertices.
>
> Regards,
> Tim
>
> --
> "Tim Nikias v2.0"
> Homepage: <http://www.nolights.de>

hey I am in the middle of a project.

The problem is that I have a scene file with 15000 triangle which gives me flat
shading and to have smooth shading i have to implement smooth_triangle instead
of triangle at each traingle...which is not possible manually.

I am not sure how to implement that in a funtion or something.
I would appreciate if any one of you could help me out here.

Thanks